Welcome to sports betting with Betway South Africa. Betway offers the very best in online sports betting. There is nothing that quite matches the excitement of watching your favorite teams go head-to-head with their biggest rivals in the most popular global sport of them all, football. Sportsbet.com.au has operated in Australia for over 15 years and is Australia’s favourite online betting and entertainment website. Combining our experience and customer feedback, our app is loaded with features & convenience providing the quickest, easiest and most secure way to bet. With more than a 1000 sports betting markets available in your pocket 24/7. New and existing customers of Sportingbet can deposit funds into their account, place bets, and much more. Licensed and Regulated by the Western Cape Gambling & Racing Board. The Sportingbet app offers a simple & secure world class betting. Available in shop, online and mobile app. Entries available until first scheduled KO. 90 mins result Free Bets credited within 24 hours of final fixture & valid for 7 days, stake not returned. The sports betting industry has certainly soared over the last couple of years due to the ease at which you can place a bet online. For South Africans, finding reputable and reliable online sports betting sites may seem like a daunting prospect. That’s where we come in. The team at 24/7 Bets carefully rates betting.
Iowa sports betting is still relatively new, but Iowa bettors continue to set records, making it quite successful within the Midwest betting market.
Through 2021 and beyond, Iowa sports bettors can join any legally-licensed online sportsbook from home. With no need to register in-person, you have full access to all the promotions without traveling. And you can easily compare the ten available apps to find the best odds before placing a bet.
Iowa Sports Betting Updates
- theScore Bet Launches Iowa Sportsbook App – On February 16, 2021, theScore Bet officially launched its Iowa sports betting platform, available for iOS and Android, in partnership with Penn National Gaming.
- Iowa Sets Third Consecutive Monthly Record-In November 2020, sports bettors in Iowa wagered $87 million, more than any month prior. It also beats October 2020’s $81.9 million as well as September 2020’s $72.4 million. Before that, the most wagered in one month was in September 2019, and it was under $60 million.
- Iowa Sports Betting Exceeds $100 Million In One Month- Breaking the record for the fourth consecutive month, Iowa sportsbooks handled over $100 million in wagers in December 2020. This is reported as we enter the second week since the in-person registration requirement sunset on January 1, 2020.
- Iowa Sports Betting No Longer Requires In-Person Registration- As of January 1, 2020, you can register at an online sportsbook from anywhere. To place a bet at an Iowa sportsbook, you only need to be physically located within state lines.
- BetRivers Launches In Iowa:On January 1, 2021, the BetRivers Sportsbook Iowa is available in Iowa via Android, iOS, and desktop. They currently offer a 100% first-deposit match up to $250, and the wagering requirement is only 1x.
- BetMGM Launches In Iowa: As of January 4, 2021, BetMGM Iowa Sportsbook is now available to anyone over 21 and located in Iowa. This is a top-rated online sports betting platform, and new members receive a risk-free bet up to $600.
Reviews Of Iowa’s 5 Best Sports Betting Apps & Sites
William Hill Iowa
Visit: William Hill Iowa and Claim a $500 Risk Free Bet
- Welcome Offer: Risk-free bet up to $500
- Available Platforms: iOS App, Android App, Web Browser
- Retail Partner: Isle Bettendorf, Isle Waterloo, Lakeside, Prairie Meadows
- Stable and accessible app
- Strong live betting component
- Accepts PayPal for deposits and withdrawals as well as credit/debit, online bank transfer, and more.
William Hill is one of the olds sports betting companies in the world, with an international footprint. It is also quickly expanding across the US. Part of this expansion involved the launch of William Hill Iowa in 2019. William Hill was the first online sportsbook to launch in Iowa.
William Hill brings its international expertise to its sportsbook app. It has one of the strongest apps on the market when it comes to stability and ease of use. It’s simple to sign, up, deposit, and get betting. William Hill also excels in its regular promotions and live betting options.
BetMGM Sportsbook Iowa (10/10)
Visit: BetMGM Iowa and get up to $600 Risk Free Bet Bonus
- New members receive a risk free bet up to $600 with code SHARP
- Available via iOS app, Android app, and Desktop
- Partnered with Diamond Jo Dubuque
- Highest rated app (tied with DraftKings Sportsbook)
- Best futures market in the US
- Best welcome bonus in Iowa
- Range of promotions and odds boosters
- Great rewards program
- Online bank transfer is the best way to deposit at BetMGM Iowa.
BetMGM is also expanding rapidly across the US, launching sportsbook apps and its online casinos in several states. It’s one of the most popular gambling apps in the country, in part because it is backed by the MGM brand name.
The BetMGM Sportsbook iOS app also has a 4.8 out of 5.0 rating on the App Store, which is tied with DraftKings for the best score of any sports betting app.
BetMGM Iowa also offers great odds compared to the rest of the market, and they consistently boast the best win potential for futures betting.
FanDuel Sportsbook Iowa (9.75/10)
Visit: FanDuel Iowa and Claim a $1,000 Risk Free Bet
- New members receive a risk-free bet up to $1,000
- Available via iOS app, Android app, and Desktop
- Partnered with Diamond Jo Worth
- Tons of daily promotions and tournaments
- Great odds boosters on the hottest events
- Hyper-competitive odds
- Desktop version of sportsbook integrated with FanDuel DFS
- App is stable, powerful, and intuitive
- PayPal is the best way to deposit and withdraw at FanDuel.
FanDuel Sportsbook Iowa has a relatively unexciting welcome bonus. While a risk-free bet up to $1,000 is a good way to acquaint yourself with this high-quality platform, the same or similar is offered by others.
However, FanDuel Iowa offers a remarkable number of promotions on a daily basis that goes far beyond the welcome offer. These are some of the most inventive and enticing offers in sports betting, including odds boosters, cashback offers, free tournaments, and countless more.
That’s on top of some of the best odds in Iowa, consistently beating out its biggest competitors like DraftKings and BetMGM.
DraftKings Sportsbook Iowa (9.75/10)
Visit: DraftKings Iowa and get up to $1,000 Deposit Match Bonus
- New members receive a 20% first-deposit bonus up to $1,000
- Available via iOS app, Android app, and Desktop
- Partnered with Wild Rose Casino locations
- Highest deposit-bonus in Iowa
- Best rated app in the app store
- Huge number of promotions and contests
- Excellent odds and special offers
- PayPal makes depositing and cashing out easy at DraftKings Iowa.
DraftKings Sportsbook Iowa is one of the best options for sports bettors in the state. Few other brands can compete with the sheer number of lines offered here on a daily basis, and the odds are some of the most competitive on the planet.
Alongside FanDuel and BetMGM, DraftKings makes the Iowa sports betting market one of the best in the US.
New members at DraftKings Iowa can receive a 20% welcome bonus up to $1,000. If you opt in, you’ll receive $1 in bonus cash for every $5 in real-money bets placed. You must deposit $5,000 to receive the maximum, but a deposit of just $5 qualifies for the promotion.
PointsBet Sportsbook Iowa (9/10)
Visit: PointsBet Iowa and get $2,000 in Risk-Free Bets
24 Betting App Download
- New members receive 2 risk-free bets up to $2,000 with code BIGBONUS
- Available via iOS app, Android app, and Desktop
- Partnered with Catfish Bend Casino
- “No Juice” events with +100 odds on select spread bets
- Great daily odds boosters
- Huge selection of international events
- Sports coverage partnership with NBC Sports
- The easiest way to deposit
PointsBet is a new sports betting brand in the US, but it’s already becoming a highly regarded choice where it’s licensed. For sports bettors in Iowa, it’s one of the best choices for its great odds, including the “no juice” promo on select points spread events, such as the NFL playoffs.
PointsBet also offers PointsBetting, where you place an over/under totals bet, and the amount you win or lose is determined by the exact score. The more correct you were, the higher your win. The more incorrect, the higher your losses.
The PointsBet Iowa welcome bonus is a risk-free bet up to $500 on fixed-odds events, and a $1,500 risk-free bet on a PointsBetting wager. Make sure to use the code BIGBONUS.
BetRivers Sportsbook Iowa (8/10)
- New members receive a 100% deposit bonus up to $250.
- Available via iOS app, Android app, and Desktop
- Partnered with Wild Rose casino locations.
- Best deposit bonus terms in the US (1x wagering requirement)
- Daily bonus offers and odds boosters
- Competitive odds that sometimes beat out competitors
- The easiest way to deposit is with a debit card, but PayPal is also available.
BetRivers Sportsbook Iowa works great via desktop. However, it has the worst app in the state, so if you exclusively wager via mobile app, bet somewhere else.
But if you’re willing to play using your web browser, then you should join BetRivers Iowa for the welcome bonus alone. They offer new members a 100% deposit bonus up to $250. That essentially doubles your first deposit up to a total of $500.
The wagering requirement is also only 1x. That means you just need to bet the full amount a single time to withdraw any winnings. You can also use it for any combination of bets with odds of -200 or longer.
For a betting app in so many states across the US, you’d think they’d have a better app. But if it’s any consolation, BetRivers Indiana doesn’t even offer an iOS app at all.
24 Betting App Games
All Iowa Sportsbook Sites
|Sportsbook||Bonus Offer||Retail Partner(s)||Launch Date|
|William Hill||Risk-free bet up to $500||Isle Bettendorf, Isle Waterloo, Lakeside, Prairie Meadows||Aug. 15, 2019|
|Elite Sportsbook||Risk-free bet up to $500||Grand Falls, Rhythm City, Riverside||Aug. 27, 2019|
|Q Sportsbook||N/A||Q Casino||Nov. 12, 2019|
|PointsBet||Two risk-free bets up to $2,000 with code BIGBONUS||Catfish Bend||Nov. 26, 2019|
|Hard Rock Sportsbook||Risk-free bet up to $100||Hard Rock Sioux City||Dec. 16, 2019|
|DraftKings||20% deposit match up to $1,000||Wild Rose||Feb. 19, 2020|
|FanDuel||Risk-free bet up to $1,000||Diamond Jo Worth||Sept. 9, 2020|
|Betfred||100% wager match up to $1,000||Grand Falls||Sept. 11, 2020|
|BetRivers||100% deposit match up to $250||Wild Rose||Jan. 1, 2021|
|BetMGM||Risk Free Bet up to $600||Diamond Jo Dubuque||Jan. 4, 2021|
How To Place A Bet In Iowa
Step 1: Find The Right Online Sportsbook
You can safely join and bet at any legally-licensed online sportsbook in the state. You can find a complete list of available sites and apps in the list table, including the welcome bonus offer for each option.
Step 2: Register Remotely
As of January 1, 2021, you can register at any of Iowa’s online sportsbooks from anywhere. That includes outside of the state, but you must be physically inside the State of Iowa to wager.
Registration is similar to opening a bank account in terms of the information you need to provide. This includes your name, DOB, address, and phone number as well as a unique password for your account.
Step 3: Make A Deposit
You may need to provide a promo code during the signup process or while you make a deposit, so make sure you have SHARP copied for the BetMGM Iowa deposit bonus or BIGBONUS for the exclusive risk-free bet up to $1,500 from PointsBet Iowa.
In accordance with state law, Iowa sportsbooks cannot accept credit cards as a deposit method. That means a more limited number of options in the state, but most accept PayPal for deposits and withdrawals as well as online banking. BetRivers also accepts debit cards, while BetMGM does not accept PayPal or debit cards, making online bank transfer the best option.
Step 4: Place A Bet
Once you have money in your account, you can place any bet offered by the sportsbook. You can find a diverse selection of odds for the same event across the different sportsbooks, so it’s a good idea to compare beforehand.
IMPORTANT: Risk-free bets usually apply to the first wager only. It’s also important to read all terms and conditions before participating in any promotion.
Iowa Legal Sportsbooks
Betting at illegal sportsbooks adds unnecessary risk to your personal information and finances. These sites routinely sell their users’ information, refuse to pay winnings, or disappear (with your money) altogether.
Thanks to oversight by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC), your personal information and finances are protected when you play at legally-licensed sportsbooks.
The Iowa.gov website also offers a great tax resource for bettors, including their policies on automatically withholding winnings of $600 or more (the same for a lottery win). All net winnings from gambling are subject to the 5% state income tax rate as well as the 24% federal income tax rate for a total of 29%.
Iowa Sports Betting Revenue
In October 2020, the IRGC reported that Iowa sportsbooks handled a record-breaking $81.9 million in wagering. The month before, the previous record of $59.34 million placed in September 2019 was topped in September 2020, with $72.4 million in wagers placed at sportsbooks across the state.
Iowa’s sports wagering has continued to grow, with $100 million bet among a population of 3.2 million.
Iowa’s sports betting revenue is on par with Indiana and Illinois relative to its population. In October 2020, Illinois saw over $400 million wagered among a population of 12.7 million. In November 2020, Indiana saw over $250 million wagered among a population of 6.7 million.
Bottom line: the Midwest is becoming an online sports betting haven in its own right.
How Iowa Compares To Other States
Compared to its Midwest neighbors Illinois and Indiana, Iowa offers a great sports betting market with a few shortcomings:
- You can’t use a credit card to make a deposit
- You can’t place prop bets on in-state college teams
- You can’t bet on TV competitions like the Oscars
Iowa Versus Indiana
Indiana has the most liberal sports betting laws in the country, even more so than New Jersey or Nevada. For example, Indiana sportsbooks can offer prop bets on in-state college schools. It’s also one of only two states (along with New Jersey) that allows bets on the Oscars and other TV competitions.
However, Indiana expressly prohibits esports betting. Iowa does not, but it is not currently an approved category for betting in the state.
Illinois Versus Iowa
Illinois still technically requires in-person registration for online sportsbooks, but the Governor suspended that requirement via executive order going into 2021.
That means Iowa beats Illinois in two key categories: the ability to bet on in-state college schools, and the pure number of options. While Iowa sports bettors can join at least ten sports betting apps, Illinois only had five at the time of writing this guide.
In Illinois, you can’t bet on in-state college teams, but you can use a credit card to deposit at a sportsbook.
Iowa Betting Successes And Failures
Iowa Sports Betting Success
When the in-person registration requirement expired on January 1, 2021, The Des Moines Register quoted Johnny Avello, the director of sportsbook operations at DraftKings, as saying, “I’d actually call it a first launch, because this is the correct way to do it. This gets everybody who wants to be involved to be involved.”
While online sports betting officially launched in Iowa in August 2019, the in-person registration requirement made the state an unviable market for many operators. With that requirement gone and each land-based casino able to open three online sportsbooks each, the Iowa market can finally grow to its true potential.
In the last few months of 2020, sportsbooks handled over $80 million in wagers, and that’s only expected to increase throughout 2021 due to the more viable market.
Where Could Iowa Improve Online Gambling
It’s highly unlikely that Iowa will change the law and allow prop bets on in-state college sports or credit card deposits. And the in-person registration requirement is behind us.
However, Iowa could improve its online gambling position by allowing esports bets and TV competitions like the Academy Awards, which could attract bettors from Illinois and elsewhere where those wagers aren’t offered.
Legalization Effort In Iowa
Less than one year after the US Supreme Court struck down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) in May 2018, Iowa was one of the first states with legal sports betting.
In April 2019, the Iowa Senate voted in favor of legalized sports betting by wide margins. Support also came from both sides of the aisle, with the majority of democrat and republican lawmakers agreeing to the legality.
Just a few days later, the bill passed the Iowa House, and it received Governor Kim Reynolds’s signature on May 13, 2019. It was officially legal to bet on sports in Iowa.
However, the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC) had to formulate all the rules and regulations, receive applications, and approve licenses. In other states, such as Michigan, that process took a year or more.
Amazingly, the IRGC had everything in place in time for William Hill to launch on August 15, 2019, the state’s first legal online sportsbook.
That means sports betting went from passing the Iowa Senate to a legal online sportsbook in about four months.
The biggest downside was the requirement to register at online sportsbooks in-person at their partnering land-based casino. Thankfully, that requirement sunset on January 1, 2021.
Timeline For Iowa Sports Betting
- May 13, 2018: The US Supreme Court strikes down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA), which opened the doors to sports betting across the country.
- May 14, 2018: The day after the overturn of PASPA, TheDes Moines Registerreports that Iowa lawmakers will consider legalizing sports betting in the state.
- February 7, 2019: Iowa lawmakers reject four sports betting bills in favor of planning a new one from scratch.
- March 21, 2019: Iowa sports betting bill will restrict prop bets on in-state college sports.
- April 17, 2019: Senate File 617, an Act legalizing sports betting, passes the Iowa Senate by a margin of 31 to 18.
- May 6, 2019: Senate File 617 is finalized and sent to the Governor.
- May 13, 2019:Governor Kim Reynolds approves Senate File 617, effectively legalizing sports betting in Iowa with the stroke of her pen.
- August 15, 2019: William Hill opens the first four retail sportsbooks in the state at Prairie Meadows, Lakeside Casino, Isle Casino Bettendorf, and Isle Casino Waterloo. William Hill also becomes the first online sportsbook available in the state.
- January 1, 2021: Iowa’s in-person registration requirement expires, allowing remote registration on any legally-licensed online sportsbook in the state.
Iowa Professional Sports Teams
Iowa does not have any major league sports teams. But betting on major league sports—particularly on teams located in nearby states—is highly popular in Iowa, particularly betting on the Super Bowl.
Iowa’s Favorite NFL Teams
It’s safe to say that these are the four most popular NFL teams in Iowa:
- Green Bay Packers
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Chicago Bears
- Minnesota Vikings
All four of these teams inspire tons of wagers from Iowans, and the variety of fans makes for an interesting layout of odds, which are dramatically affected by how many bets are placed.
Iowa’s Favorite MLB Teams
In 2019, SeatGeek released a map that showed the most popular sports teams by county in Iowa. The calculations were based on ticket sales, so they don’t perfectly represent the state’s fandom. But it’s a good indicator nonetheless.
The most popular team was the Kansas City Royals, followed by the Chicago Cubs, Minnesota Twins, and St. Louis Cardinals, respectively.
Iowa sportsbooks will have plenty of action, including tons of prop bets, on every MLB game, especially the ones that feature these teams.
24 Betting App Download
Iowa’s Favorite NBA Teams
Outside of NCAAB D1’s March Madness tournament, basketball doesn’t inspire as many bets as football or baseball. However, it remains the third most popular sport in the country, and Iowa’s favorite teams include:
- Chicago Bulls
- Minnesota Timberwolves
- Milwaukee Bucks
Iowa College Sports Teams
Iowa boasts four college teams that play at the D1 level in football and basketball, the two most popular college sports by far.
However, you can only bet moneyline, points spread, or totals for in-state college sports. Prop bets are only allowed for out-of-state college teams and professional sports.
The University of Iowa has the most successful D1 athletic program in the state, and they’re often one of the better teams in the country.
In basketball, the Hawkeyes appeared in the NCAA Tournament 26 times, and they made it to the Final Four for the third time in 1980.
In football, the Hawkeyes consistently rank in the AP Top 25, and they sat at number 17 at the time of writing this guide.
Iowa State Cyclones
Iowa State football currently sits at number 12 of the AP Top 25 College Football Teams. But even if they dropped since then, they’re almost always a team strong enough to beat any other D1 program. The Cyclones can also hoop it with the best of them, boasting 20 NCAA Tournament appearances, and making it to the Sweet 16 twice within the past decade.
Northern Iowa Panthers
While the Hawkeyes and the Cyclones reign supreme for most popular college teams, the Northern Iowa Panthers basketball program has been making a name for itself at the national level. Seven of eight total March Madness appearances have occurred since 2000, and they made it to the Sweet 16 in 2010.
Drake Bulldogs basketball team has only made it to the NCAA Tournament four times (most recently in 2008). But they’re a strong member of the Missouri Valley Conference, making for some exciting betting action, particularly for points spreads.
Other Sports To Bet On In Iowa
Iowa allows sportsbooks to list a range of sports. You can find bets on auto racing, golf, European soccer, Rugby, and beyond. In fact, you could attend a NASCAR race at Iowa Speedway while betting on the event with your mobile device.
However, some sportsbooks offer more sports than others. For example, BetMGM Iowa offers cycling and table tennis. William Hill Iowa does not.
If you’re betting on sports beyond popular college teams or major leagues in the US and Europe, make sure to explore the options before joining a sportsbook. You don’t want to be an MMA-specific bettor only to find out the sportsbook doesn’t offer lines on the fights.
Also, sportsbooks will take bet requests. If you don’t see something listed at your app of choice, consider reaching out to see if they’ll offer the bet. At worst, it might put it on their radar to add in the future.
24 Betting App Game
Iowa Sports Betting FAQs
21. You must be at least 21 years old to bet at an online sportsbook in Iowa. The gambling age for all casinos and sportsbooks in Iowa is 21 except for at Meskwaki Casino in Tama, where the gambling age is 18. However, they do not offer a sportsbook.
It is legal to bet on college sports in Iowa. However, you cannot place prop bets on in-state college teams. All other forms of betting on in-state schools are allowed, including moneyline, points spread, parlays, futures, and totals. You can also place prop bets on out-of-state college teams.
Yes. Online sports betting in Iowa is safe as long as you join legally-licensed online sportsbooks. You can find links to all Iowa sports betting apps and sites at Gaming Today as well as exclusive welcome bonuses and detailed reviews. You can also verify legal sportsbooks on the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission website.
Yes. Most sportsbooks in Iowa offer an iOS app. However, some are better than others. DraftKings, BetMGM, FanDuel, and PointsBet offer the best iOS apps in Iowa according to their App Store ratings. The odds at the specific sportsbook are the same whether you use the iOS app, Android app, or desktop version.
Yes. DraftKings Sportsbook Iowa launched on February 19, 2020. This is a top-rated sportsbook app with competitive odds, daily promotions, and convenient banking methods, including PayPal. New members at DraftKings Sportsbook Iowa can receive a 20% first-deposit match up to $1,000. If you opt in, they’ll match every $5 wagered with $1 in bonus cash.
Yes. FanDuel Sportsbook Iowa is available for remote registration, which means you can join and wager from anywhere within state lines. This is among the best online sportsbooks in Iowa in terms of odds, promotions, banking options, and app quality. Right now, FanDuel Iowa offers new members a risk-free bet up to $1,000.
More Resources On Iowa Sports Betting
- Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC), in charge of gambling regulations in the state, offers a robust resource for sports bettors and gambling operators alike.
- Monthly Gaming Revenue reports from the IRGC.
- Senate File 617, the legislation that legalized sports betting.
- Iowa sports betting rules and regulations that are enforced by the IRGC.
- A historical snapshot of Iowa sports betting talks immediately after the US Supreme Court struck down PASPA, courtesy of The Des Moines Register.
- Des Moines Register Sports offers the latest news on Iowa college and high school sports as well as coverage on other sports.
- Sports news from The Gazette offers insights that extend beyond Cedar Rapids.
- Hawkeye Sports is a University of Iowa publication with up-to-the-minute coverage on all programs.
- Fight for Iowa is the official podcast of University of Iowa athletics.
As a premium betting exchange operating in the UK, the Smarkets mobile app is definitely worth downloading today – check out our full review here. – updated for 2021 changes.Bonus & Offers detailsT&C:
Once the bonus is credited to your account, losses will be refunded up to the bonus amount. You must deposit at least the qualifying deposit of £20 (or currency equivalent) in a single amount with your first deposit to be eligible for the rebate.
How to download the Smarkets mobile app
If you have an iPhone or Android device right now, you are in the perfect position to download the Smarkets app. As you may have guessed, this app supports the main product that Smarkets offers in 2021 – the betting exchange. And since you can grab bonuses, make back and lay bets, and wager on live sport from this app, it’s a platform that packs a punch. To get the app, follow the download steps shown below:
Android download for the Smarkets app
- Visit the Smarkets URL from your device
- Search for Android app in the ‘search bar’
- Click the install button (trust the APK file)
- You are all set
The app works perfectly on any device that runs on Android software, and this includes tablets. Now, if you want to download the app for iOS, it’s even easier:
Smarkets app – iOS download
- Open the app store on your device
- Type Smarkets
- Find the designated exchange app
- Download it in seconds
Note that since Smarkets has just one product offering, there is only one app that you can download. This avoids any confusion when looking through the app store.
Smarkets promo code and the welcome offer
Although it isn’t always necessary, from time to time you might need to apply a Smarkets promo code to get an exclusive deal. For the £10 in free bets that are currently on offer for new customers, you don’t need to type in a code. However, if this welcome offer changes in the future or if we have access to an exclusive offer, you will need to come back and unearth the promo code to get it. More often than not, you’ll be given two chances to apply a promo code on the Smarkets app – when signing up and when depositing.
Smarkets mobile app – additional information
Wagering options and main sporting events at Smarkets
The Smarkets betting options are pretty diverse and quite extensive. As you will see when looking through the sports on the app, Smarkets covers markets for top sports such as horse racing, boxing, tennis, basketball, golf, and MMA. All in all, there are more than 20 different sports for you to bet on, and sometimes there are millions that have been wagered on just one particular market. This is regularly the chance when a top sporting event comes around, such as World Cup soccer or a huge boxing fight.
Making a sports wager on the Smarkets mobile app
Although Smarkets clearly has a bunch of markets available, and it definitely offers great odds, you still need to know how to make a wager in the first place. Those of you who are more familiar with placing a bet on an exchange will be just fine with this step, but if betting exchanges are still a new concept for you, you’ll need to follow the steps below:
- Choose whether you want to make a ‘back’ or ‘lay’ bet
- Ensure that there is enough money in the market to justify your bet
- Click the market to add it to your slip
- Decide how much you want to stake and place the bet
Smarkets have made it particularly easy to decipher between back and lay bets too since these markets are segregated according to color.
Funding your Smarkets account on the app
After installing the Smarkets mobile app and signing up, you must make a deposit before you can do anything else. The good news is that this is an easy step, as there are plenty of deposit options and you don’t need to deposit much to get started either. In fact, Smarkets has just a £10 deposit minimum for most methods, although this can increase to £20 for some others. On that note, you can decide to deposit from any of the methods shown below:
- Debit card – MasterCard/Visa
- Prepaid cards
- Bank transfers
The vast majority of these methods will process immediately when you make a deposit, and Smarkets doesn’t take a cut of any deposits through fees.
Top Features of the Smarkets app
Back and lay bets
As a betting exchange, you have the choice to bet ‘for’ an event or ‘against’ an event. This gives much better flexibility with your wagers compared to a traditional sportsbook.
Smarkets gives striking visuals on the mobile app, and you can use these visuals to check out the betting activity for any market. You can also check the graph to see how odds have fluctuated too.
Of course, one of the best aspects has to be live betting. Here you can grab some absolute gems if you are quick on the trigger – and you can make a live bet in seconds with the Smarkets app.
User experience on the Smarkets app
We would go as far as to say that the Smarkets mobile app is one of the best designs out of any other betting app in the UK. The color scheme is awesome, with vibrant green and dark black on every page, and while the app has a bunch of top features, it’s still highly responsive and quite rapid. We really cannot find much to fault in the app, which bodes well for a great user experience.
Final review of the Smarkets mobile app – phenomenal
While betting exchanges naturally give a different perspective on regular betting, it’s difficult to find an exchange app that works as well as Smarkets. We love that this app has a color scheme to split the available markets and to highlight back/lay wagers, and the graphs that are also listed make it feel more like a Wall Street trading floor than just any old betting exchange. And since the app also contains fantastic odds, along with varied markets and the chance to cash-out bets – what’s not to love?